Head Racquets Professional
BHYC Head Racquets Professional
Bay Head Yacht Club
111 Metcalfe Street, Bay Head, New Jersey 08742
About Bay Head Yacht Club
The mission of the Bay Head Yacht Club is to attract and engage dedicated members to enjoy yachting, tennis, and other compatible leisure and sporting activities in a family-oriented environment that respects tradition, courtesy, and sportsmanship. Bay Head Yacht Club is committed to serving as an inspirational center of yachting activities regionally and to supporting yachting nationally. The Club provides gracious dining and social activities in an inviting setting in which members and their families can participate with pride and enthusiasm. The Bay Head Yacht Club provides something for all its members. Some of these amenities include ten Har-Tru tennis courts, a brand-new, state of the art Racquets facility (warming hut, four platform tennis courts, two pickleball courts, two bocce courts) a thriving Junior Sailing summer program, multiple dining venues, social events, recreation and card games, and 12 Club-owned tech dinghies -- just to name a few. BHYC prides itself on the offerings that it provides for its membership.
The Bay Head Yacht Club is seeking a Head Racquets Professional. The Head Racquets Professional will be joining a passionate team of experienced racquet professionals and should match the desire to provide a positive and memorable program for members and guests. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of excellent skills and racquets knowledge, leadership, and enthusiasm that is expected at the Bay Head Yacht Club. He or she must understand the importance of the membership and provide courteous and timely attention to the needs of members and guests. The Head Racquets Professional will be prepared to guide members and assist them in promoting their ideas and achieving their goals.
The Head Racquets Professional position is a full-time, year-round position and requires the candidate to be a visible and accessible staff member within the Racquets Department. This position reports to the Director of Racquets and General Manager and will work closely with other BHYC departments.
- Assist the Director of Racquets with organization and execution of Club racquet programs including tennis, paddle, and pickleball activities, events, tournaments, and lessons.
- Lead assigned tennis, paddle, and pickleball lessons and clinics for members and guests with a "hands-on" approach.
- Administer and enforce Club racquet policies and procedures regarding play on Club courts.
- Increase the number of participants in the Club's racquets programs through enhancing existing programs and/or developing new, successful programming.
- Ensure that all members receive courteous, prompt, professional attention to all their racquets needs.
- Inspect and maintain all physical playing areas regularly.
- Attend department or committee meetings as requested.
- Work closely with other BHYC departments on event details, calendars, closures, and any other racquet related news as necessary.
- Promote camaraderie and team spirit among BHYC members and guests.
- Assist the Director of Racquets in Pro Shop operations as requested.
- Assist the Director of Racquets in maintaining the court reservation system dates and details.
- Be visible to membership during peak play hours.
- Perform racquet restringing and other light equipment repairs as necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Racquets or General Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Proven teaching skills for players of all ages and skill levels.
- An accomplished current and or past competitive playing record would be a plus but not required. A current 5.0 NTRP tennis rating or above playing level is required.
- Proficiency in tennis, paddle and pickleball play, rules, and regulations.
- Must be personable and quick to establish rapport with the members through visible and outgoing outreach.
- Strong passion and enthusiasm for all racquet sports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- PTR, PPTR, PPR, or USPTA certifications
- Be USTA Safe-Play compliant, CPR, first aid, and AED certifications.
- High ethical standards and history. Final candidates will be subject to a full background check.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health Benefits
- Vision and Dental
- Education Allowance
- Seasonal Bonuses
- Complimentary Meals
Professionals who meet the above criteria are encouraged to contact:
Bay Head Yacht Club
Director of Racquets